A little bit of history…
The first record of what would eventually become Raffray Limited can be found in Jersey’s 1863 business directories, under the listing for a La Folie business owned by a Mr. E. Falle called Anchor Smith. In 1876 that business was taken over by Mr. Peter Bois, who sold it to Mr. E. Raffray in 1912.
In 1932 the business moved to 6 ½ Commercial Buildings. When Raffray passed away in 1940, a Mr. H.D. Mourant took over but maintained the Raffray name. The business became a limited liability company in 1964, with Mourant retiring six years later in 1970. That same year, Mr. M.D. Allo (Mourant’s nephew) took over as Managing Director.
In 1993 the company purchased new premises at the Rue Des Pres Trading Estate in St. Savior and daily operations were passed on to Mr. M.G. Allo (M.D. Allo’s son), who retired as Managing Director in 2008.
Raffray Limited now specializes in virtually every facet of sheet metal and iron work, including:
- Ornamental Ironwork
- Gates & Railings
- Private Boats
- Yacht Shipwork
- Marine Work
Call us today at (01534) 723151 or fill out our online contact form to find out more about what Raffray Limited can do for you.